Written by Andrew @ http://www.webupd8.org
0AD alpha 4
0 AD alpha 4 “Daedalus” was released recently. 0 AD is a historical real-time strategy open-source game.
- Added initial prototype version of opponent AI: It can train female citizens, collect resources, build houses, farms & barracks, train soldiers & send them to the enemy civ center.
- Improved fog-of-war rendering.
- Fixed terrain texture blending.
- Added opt-in automatic feedback system.
- Fixed foundation obstruction handling.
- Added support for build limits.
- Extended animal AI: Animals like Lions, Elephants, etc. can now fight back, and some escape farther away from perceived threats.
- New units, weapons and sounds
- Many other improvements
For more details, see the release announcement.
To install 0AD (from SVN – currently it’s alpha 4 but new SVN packages will probably be uploaded soon) use the following commands – available for Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
Red Eclipse 1.0
Install the latest Red Eclipse 1.0 in Ubuntu using the following PPA – available for Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:arand/redeclipse sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install redeclipse
The above PPA currently provides the latest Red Eclipse 1.0 but will probably be updated with Red Eclipse SVN builds later on.
For Windows, Mac OS X and source files, see the Red Eclipse Sourceforge page.